Collins Lake Resort
Book Your Trip Now!
GET OUT on one of the wildest winter adventures on Mt. Hood. Discover a winter wonderland in the backcountry of the Mt. Hood National Forest on the saddle of a snowmobile. Jump on your sled and cruise through the forest on hundreds of miles of closed forest roads that become a magnificent winter playground with fluffy powder and groomed trails. Voted by some as the best thing to do on Mount Hood near Portland, Oregon in the winter. If you haven't experienced a backcountry snowmobile trip, now is the time for your trip of a lifetime.
Bring the family, bring the kids, or gather up your friends to come tear it up in the snow. Our expert guides have been guiding these trails for over 10 years and possess in-depth knowledge of the entire Mt. Hood area. Each and every guide is trail tested and trained in CPR and First Aid for your safety.
Mt. Hood Adventure holds the only snowmobile permit available in the Mt. Hood National Forest to guide and rent snowmobiles. Starting points for our tours are Frog Lake Sno-Park and Skyline Sno-Park.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
Choose a Snowmobile Tour that fits your group:
All tours include use of single or double snowmobile, helmet, introductory instruction and expert guide.
- 2 HOUR SNOWMOBILE TOUR - The perfect solution to experience a full backcountry experience on a tight schedule. The two hour tour is also suitable for those first time snowmobilers who want to experience the trip before committing to a full day experience.
|Snowmobile Type||Price for 2 Hr Tour|
|Single Snowmobile (1 person)||$189|
|Double Snowmobile (2 persons)||$249|
- 4 HOUR SNOWMOBILE TOUR - The four hour tour is ideal to have a full day experience covering miles of trails through the backcountry. Discover lookout points, amazing views, remote lakes, wildlife, and more. You'll cover numerous areas within the Mt. Hood National Forest and walk away from this tour with a truly memorable experience.
|Snowmobile Type||Price for 4 Hr Tour|
|Single Snowmobile (1 person)||$249|
|Double Snowmobile (2 persons)||$309|
To reserve your tour, please call us at the Mt. Hood Adventure headquarters at 503-715-2175 or email us at email@example.com
Tour Information (for all tours):
- GEAR - All rates include introductory instruction and helmet. Gloves are available for purchase, while jackets, pants and boots are available for rent. The Mt. Hood Adventure Center has many items that your might need for sale. If you have questions about proper gear, please speak with one of our experts ahead of time. We have 5 snowmobiles to rent on any one trip, and three of those may be double sleds for two people each. Two snowmobiles are required for each trip or contact us about private trip information. Trips may be cancelled by the guide at any time.
|Coat AND Bib||$20|
|Coat OR Bib||$12|
- GROUPS - Snowmobiling is a great team building event. We can accommodate groups with our fleet of snowmobiles. Imagine having the entire team there with 5 snowmobiles and taking turns riding the trails. A 4-hour rental is required. You rent the fleet for use by the group. Rates depend on the size of the group. Each person must complete a Reservation Form and Liability Release to attend regardless of whether they drive or not.
- SCHEDULE - Snowmobile tours are available 7 days a week. Your party will meet at Mt. Hood Adventure in the Ratskeller Building in Government Camp for registration, payment and helmet fitting. Clothing can be rented if necessary. Your guide will conduct an introduction to snowmobiling, based on your previous experience. After that, you’ll drive to the designated starting point, meeting your guide with the snow machine there, approximately 10-15 minutes from our shop.
- PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS - The renter of the snowmobile must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license. The driver of each snowmobile must be at least 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license and weigh at least 100 lbs. Passengers must be at least 6 years of age. Drivers must be at least 18 years of age in order to have a passenger on board. All participants under 18 years of age must have parent/guardian signature on the reservation and liability form.
- RESERVATION POLICY - Reservations are required at least 24 hours prior to the date of your trip. A signed and completed Snowmobile Reservation Form is required to secure your reservation. Cancellations made within 7 days prior to the trip date will not be charged. For cancellations within 7 days of the trip, a $50 cancellation fee will be charged per snowmobile reservation. The final payment is due on the date of the trip. An credit card deposit for $500 per snowmobile will be taken on the date of the trip as security for possible damages. Any damage to a part constitutes full replacement of that part. Full replacement of the equipment can run up to $7,500 and can include recovery fees.